Part-time Finance Manager
We are looking for a Part-Time Finance Manager to join us in our mission to empower freelancers and small businesses. You will join us in our pursuit to provide independent professionals and small businesses the best productivity solutions at the fairest price, that empower them and their businesses to thrive.
You will do so by overseeing all financial & compliance aspects of our business and support in driving the company’s financial strategy and planning. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks.
Your role will require you to:
- Support in driving the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks.
- Retaining constant awareness of the company’s financial position and acting to prevent problems.
- Defining frameworks which can be used by different departments for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Support in developing department budgets and maintaining them across the organization.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Overseeing the company’s finance IT system across quickbooks, and other similar tools with our admins.
- Prepare timely and detailed investor reports on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to our executive team.
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines.
- Oversight of financial compliance and taxes, R&D tax credits, 409a Valuations, PPP loans and more.
- Support in coordinating with our legal partners concerning compliance, across Intellectual Property, cap tables, and option grants.
- Overseeing and supporting basic HR functions as they can pertain to finance, including frameworks for equipment purchasing, salary tracking, raises.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA a plus
- 5-8 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining tools such as SQL, Access, etc.
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint