The Role: Full Stack Software Engineer
We are looking for a software engineer to build and improve server and client-side web applications that run our AI-based sports analytics system. The Systems group is at the intersection of the computer vision and the data/AI groups. They ensure machine learning and computer vision algorithms run efficiently for real-time delivery to thousands of sport events every year.
What You’ll Do:
• Develop applications that power the execution of our Computer Vision-based tracking system.
• Build real-time systems for live sports: configuration management, initialization, video player visualization, monitoring and QA.
• Implement and orchestrate distributed microservices (EC2, S3, Docker, message queues, etc.).
• Optimize compute and human resources interacting with the system (e.g. queue prioritization, video augmentation, task generation, and assignment).
• Maintain best-practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards.
• Discuss and distribute knowledge, technical concepts, and ideas with any member of our diverse organization
• Server-side: Node, Elixir/Phoenix, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Golang
• Infrastructure: AWS EC2 and S3, Docker, Linux
• Code base: Git with GitLab or Github
What You Have:
• Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent experience, with strong software engineering components.
• 3+ years’ experience as a software engineer with an emphasis on front-end
• 3+ years’ experience in full development life cycle: designing, prototyping, implementing, testing, and evaluating performance of software.
• Software engineering experience: modern software development practices and tools, distributed programming, database systems.
• Able to take point on technical discussions and feature prioritization
What Will Set You Apart:
• Experience with Elixir and Phoenix
• Experimentation or production experience interest in Rust
• Front-end development (TypeScript/React, WebSocket)
• Experience with database design and normalization
• Experience with http, load balancing, cookie and session management
• Data structures and runtime performance analysis
• Leadership experience and responsibilities with feature releases to technical and non-technical staff