Software Engineering Manager
The Software Engineering Manager will lead, manage, and mentor a growing software development team. The candidate will be responsible for people management, career development initiatives, and fostering a positive culture among the team. Ideal candidates will have experience balancing operational excellence, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt in a “you build it, you run it” DevOps culture.
- Understanding how business connects to development needs.
- Motivating and developing a cross functional team.
- Working with other leaders to prioritize goals and development needs.
- Working with Business Leaders, Product Managers, and Principle architects to develop OKRs.
- Effective management and delegation to meet OKRs.
- Instilling cultural consistent values in how the team operates.
- Foster collaborative relationships with other IT leaders & peers to achieve group and goals.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Analyze data and processes to identify and implement improvements to drive value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for developing both individuals and teams.
- Desire to implement practical and innovating solutions to drive business value.
- Ability to both give and receive critical feedback to drive growth.
- Passionate, creative, intelligent, critical thinker, problem solver.
Experience and Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience managing and developing people and teams.
- Experience in a technical leadership position.
- Experience with developing and delivering in could environments: AWS, Azure, GCP.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Experience working with Agile software practices.