- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like automated promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue green deployments.
- Work closely with development and data teams making sure that they follow the infrastructure guidelines that you set as well as feedback and advise on scalable design / architecture for new systems.
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions that enables the production systems to be monitored 24/7 using CloudWatch / ELK stack (and building tracing where possible).
- Respond to requests from development by building self‐service solutions
- Install, configure, fine‐tune, and optimise technology solutions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes to solve problems.
- Passion for implementing practical solutions and creating delightful customer experiences.
- Desire to help implement reusable, scalable, maintainable, and well‐tested solutions.
- Interest in security‐first mindset and secure coding practices.
- Ability to operate respectfully and effectively as part of a team.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer or related role.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS.
- Experience with Docker / Containerization (through Swarm, AWS ECS, Mesos/Marathon, Kubernetes, other).
- Proven track record of deploying / running / troubleshooting containers in a production environment.
- Expertise in troubleshooting distributed systems and running web services at scale.
- Experience and understanding of Unix/Linux systems internals and networking.
- Experience and understanding of network protocols, services, and patterns.
- Experience of rightsizing, performance testing and architecting for scale.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana.
- Experience with Continuous Integration with an understanding of Jenkins (or other CI tools).
- Proficient with Scripting in Bash / Python (or other).
- Proficient with Infrastructure as code using Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience with GIT (code review, trunk‐based development).
- Knowledge of security best practices for SaaS products.