The engineering team delivers technology to provide best-in-class experiences in both our digital and physical live streaming products. We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer passionate about distributed systems and automation to help architect, design and build the systems that power our products. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and to be enthusiastic when taking on new problems across the entire development lifecycle as we continue to push the technology forward.
- Architect, design and build robust solutions to be used by the development teams as well as our customers and our entire Enterprise.
- Leverage automation and gitops tools for change control, repeatable environments, configuration management, and “infrastructure as code” to provision and manage cloud deployments.
- Design, implement and manage CI/CD pipelines utilizing best of breed services and tools.
- Proactively identify and monitor for security risks introduced in our source control, cloud platforms, and infrastructure.
- Act as subject matter expert and escalation point for the day-to-day operational activities across the landscape of applications utilized by the business.
- Collaborate with multiple Scrum teams, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, System Architects, QA Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Users.
- Automate repetitive and complex tasks by developing tools and processes that our team can rely on for daily development, testing, and release management.
- Participate in architectural, design and product sessions.
- Grow the platform to millions of concurrent users through solid architecture choices and design principles.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Engineering and Executive teams.
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Exemplify excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to deftly tailor technical communications to any audience.
- Push the limits, try new technologies, take calculated risks, swing for the fences and proactively search for the best solutions and ideas in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate is a solutions oriented person who is comfortable at all layers of the development platform, is willing to roll up their sleeves, and is familiar with a variety of technologies but knows how to choose the best technology for the job at hand. Ideally they are familiar with the sports & eSports industry as well as digital, tech, and streaming media. If you think you’ve got the skills and are up for the challenge then consider this your calling. This is a full-time position.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- Hands-on DevOps experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- 4+ years experience using AWS, familiarity with Azure and GCP a plus.
- Expertise using Terraform, Terragrunt and/or other “Infrastructure as Code” tools.
- Experience with Helm and Kubernetes, preferably with eksctl, flux and gitops.
- Expertise in container based (docker/kubernetes) and serverless (lambda, OpenFaaS, etc..) solutions.
- Experience with Node.js (Typescript preferred), Go, Rust, Python, Java or Ruby.
- 4+ years experience working with NOSQL (Mongo, Dynamo, Redis, Elasticsearch) and SQL (Postgres, MySQL, Aurora) database systems and configuration of primary/replica and sharded database clusters.
- Experience with service monitoring and logging tools such as Grafana, Cloudwatch, Splunk, and DataDog, as well as distributed tracing systems such as Zipkin or Jaegar.
- Focus on security and risk mitigation using technology and automation.
- Strong belief that development environments (including local) should reflect the same rigor and testing as production environments while being easy to operate and configure.
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for backend and frontend services including mobile applications.
- Expert understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.).
- Excellent analysis, debugging, root-cause identification, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Streaming is a big plus (ex: FFMPEG, Ngnix, Wowza, knowledge of codec and streaming protocols).
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications.
- Driven to automate your processes, test continually, and document your work.
- You’re not afraid of an open, candid, and respectful work environment.
- Passion for video live-streaming, sports or eSports is a plus.
- Knowledge of Unity/Unreal or similar game engines is a plus.