This position will assist in a shift in focus from local onsite infrastructure to a cloud-based infrastructure. You will be working at our remote corporate office to develop, recommend, and implement innovative, cost effective approaches to modify and enhance system functions and performance.
- Ensure system availability and integrity through system coverage, maintenance, and on-call support.
- Ensure all system backups are done on a daily basis and the integrity and recoverability of systems is available.
- Maintain and update local on-site servers and deploy replacements as necessary.
- Maintain and support office systems such as Wi-Fi, printing, and network file shares.
- Assist in Microsoft Azure and other Cloud environments as necessary.
- Provide technical feedback to the main corporate office regarding problem resolutions.
- Participate in evaluation & recommendations for system wide software and hardware standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Assist in auditing of systems as required.
The ideal candidate has a rigorous attention to detail and problem solving, with good technical knowledge of Windows Servers and desktop administration for both PCs and Mac systems. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable taking on the challenges of being a sole System Administrator for a location, but also know when to lean on the corporate office for additional help. Candidates will need VMWare and basic network experience, and those with streaming media, VFX pipeline and distributed computing experience will be weighed more favorably. This is a full-time position.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- 3-5 years of experience in Systems Administration in large scale Windows environment or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Windows trouble-shooting on a server and desktop level.
- Proficiency in network switches and configuration.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function within stringent time frames and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Desire to constantly improve and stay current on technology.